William Brown's Reviews > Worth Dying For

Worth Dying For by Lee Child

May 26, 12

Read in May, 2012

If you haven't read any of Lee Child's jack Reacher Books, think a '6 "5, 250 lb knight errant with an attitude. Reacher is an ex-MP Major who travels about the country righting whatever wrongs he finds himself in the middle of. Where he goes, a long trail of mashed or perforated bodies usually follows. This story is set on the bleak plains of Nebraska in winter, where Reacher takes on a nasty family dynasty aided by mafia and Middle-East gunmen and (if you can believe this) ten former Cornhusker offensive linemen. Anyway, I've read everything Lee Child has written up to now. This story has all the usual action, maybe even more, but I found it oddly lacking. It is one of his darkest stories, with no humor, no female leads, no young characters, or any other positive story line going for it. It is simply cover to cover destruction, like watching a demolition derby. Most of the other books in the series are more interesting. I hope he hasn't fallen to the temptation of cranking out the first half-baked story idea that comes to mind now.

Bill brown

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worth Dying For.