Jodi Meadows's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

May 17, 2016

Read from May 26 to 28, 2012

Now that I have read it (or been read to) I will no longer be an outcast among my friends.

Yes. I liked it QUITE A LOT. *swoon*

(That said I'm glad I waited until I was an adult to read this. I appreciated the subtlety and humor a lot more than I would have if I'd been made to read this in school. I wouldn't have understood the society or UTTER SCANDALOUSNESS of some of it. And the romance might have seemed boring to me then. So yeah. Now . . . I will probably go find more Austen to listen to. I had a great time knitting and spinning while listening to the hotness of Mr. Darcy. (And having heard his first name, I understand why no one uses it.))
34 likes · flag

05/17 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Shiloh (Fantastic Reading) Sense and Sensibility has Col. Brandon. *swoon*

Jodi Meadows Shiloh wrote: "Sense and Sensibility has Col. Brandon. *swoon*"

I just downloaded that one! I'll probably listen to it next weekend. (Or whenever I can block off several hours because I won't want to do anything but listen and knit.)

Shiloh (Fantastic Reading) Also, if you have the ISBN for your audiobook, I can add it if you want. Librarian privileges have their perks. :D

Jodi Meadows Shiloh wrote: "Also, if you have the ISBN for your audiobook, I can add it if you want. Librarian privileges have their perks. :D"

No ISBN I can see. I listened to this one: http://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudi...

Shiloh (Fantastic Reading) Hm. It looks like without a traditional "publisher," there's no real way for me to put it in the system. The pitfalls of public domain works. :P

Jodi Meadows Shiloh wrote: "Hm. It looks like without a traditional "publisher," there's no real way for me to put it in the system. The pitfalls of public domain works. :P"

Yeah, I figured that's why it wasn't up yet. Oh well. Thanks for trying!

Hannah My advice: Make a free account with Spotify, use their one week trial and look for their Jane Austen playlist. I finally got through Persuasion that way. (No this is not an ad, I just know how hard it is to find a decently done audio book.)

Jodi Meadows Actually, it looks like the Librivox editions are in GR now! Yay!

Leslie EMMA!!!!