Darkfallen's Reviews > Smart Girls Get What They Want

Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: arc, read-n-reviewed
Read from May 31 to June 03, 2012

Everyone knows this isn't usually the type of book I read but OMG am I so glad that I did! This was a great break from the paranormal and an introduction into the contemporary ya scene.

Gigi and her two friends are super smart girls. You know the type...they take all honors classes in high school. They don't eat lunch in the lunch room, but more like the library, or in Gigi's case, the honors lounge. For the most part part they tend to be kind of invisible to the general population, and while they will probably be your valedictorian you may not know their name. They are definitely NOT the type to join the cheer leading squad, or try out for the school play, but all that is about to change...

After discovering one of their older sisters year books after she graduated and went off to an Ivy League school the three girls realize that their idol was keeping a dark secret. Sure she was smart and achieved all her goals by getting into Ivy League, but no one in high school barely knew who she was. So, deciding that they were not going to succumb to the same fate, they made a pack to go for not only the grades, but to make themselves know as well.

This book was too cute. I loved Gigi and her friends. Gigi was a lot more funny than I expected her to be, and while she was mega book smart, she was seriously stupid when it came to guys. It was a nice balance that evened it all out. And not only were the three girls perfect, but the guys and the side characters in this book were well fleshed out and played a prominent roll without weighing the story down. And don't even get me started on the resident jock, Mike. I LOVED him! He spends so much time being underrated by Gigi and the gang yet he hangs in there.

This is definitely one of those reads that sucks you in from the beginning with the right amount of drama, and humor to lighten it up, and then it keeps you turning the pages with the hint of romance until the ending that will leave you swooning long after you read the last page!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smart Girls Get What They Want.

05/31/2012 page 37
11.0% "To recap: I'm the product of two brilliant inert elements with negative bonding capabilities, one who was a Dr. Who can girl, the other who consistently drove into fire hydrants. And, somehow, this is supposed to make me feel better." Lmao!!"
06/01/2012 page 267
76.0% "Omg chic Mike is so in love with you and the guy you think is mr. Perfect is mr. Scum bag. Get it together and wake up! For a smart girl you can be pretty dumb."
06/01/2012 page 296
84.0% "Hey, Einstien," he whispered. "You did great back there. You're my hero, you know that?" "Hmmm?" He planted a gentle kiss on the tip of my head. "You heard me." He was right, I had. I just wanted to hear him say it again.""
06/01/2012 page 352
100.0% "So while this isnt the type of book I would usually read, it's definitely what I call a "bubblegum read", but it was soooooo cute in the end!"