Kristen's Reviews > The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl

The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

Jun 07, 2012

Read from May 26 to June 07, 2012

I love this woman. I loved this book. Her tale of meeting "Marlboro Man", just weeks before heading to the big city to begin law school, of being swept off her feet by a dying breed of cowboy simply enchanted me. The recipes are also fantastic. My meat-and-potatoes-lovin' man THANKS me for picking this volume up at our local library! Warning: if you check this out, you WILL gain weight. But, oh what fun it is! This is a memoir. It is a fantastic cookbook. But it is also a eyewitness look at life on a ranch, with all the sweat, blood, and FOOD that that entails. Her "amateur" photography documents her family's life on the ranch beautifully, and also gives step by step visual tutorial for each recipe. I love her witty, intelligent commentary. She is SO real and I came away feeling as if I had found a new BFF. And she is funny. There were several times that I actually laughed out loud as I read. A cookbook. Really. Go check this one out, girls. Your husbands will thank you!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pioneer Woman Cooks.