cecilia's Reviews > Witchful Thinking

Witchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory

May 26, 12

Read in April, 2012

I do not know if I have been living under a rock, but where have all the witches gone? Have they been run out of the fantasy genre by werewolves, vampires, and other night bumplies? I had high hopes for Witchful Thinking – with a title so bubbly and clever, a cover so adorable, and hype that makes it sound beyond entertaining – but hex me silly, the story did not suck me in. I am not sure if it is because I started in the middle of Jolie’s charmed life or not finding any charm in her diary entries (they felt a little too juvenile for my liking), but even so, I did not feel compelled to backtrack to the beginning of the series. Although the ending makes up for the journey and leaves me more than curious to read onward, I am still hesitant to do so. I wanted more action, trouble, and clever words from Witchful Thinking. I think Raine Benares and Stephanie Plum have spoiled me for what to expect from a strong female lead who has an eye for trouble. Perhaps Jolie needs to channel a bit more Angelina to make this series sparkle with fun intensity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchful Thinking.