Patricia's Reviews > The Forever Girl

The Forever Girl by Rebecca  Hamilton

May 26, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, supernatural-beings, paranormal-fantasy, romance
Read from June 01 to 17, 2012

I was surprised by this book and how fast I was hooked by it. Honestly if I hadn't had that much stuff to do for university I probably would have finished it in 2 or 3 days.
This story is basically about a wiccan girl tapping into her powers who, due to specific circumstances of life, is forced to learn the truth about herself and the world that surrounds her. Well at least this first book is basically about that, of course I'm being slightly vague because I don't want to ruin anyone's reading experience. In this story you will find out about different types of elementals, their powers and you will be taken into a big adventure filled with dark secrets that are just waiting to be discovered. If you like reading about vampires or other paranormal creatures then this is the book for you.
I was a little bit worried that the book's romance story would be similar to Twilight, but it was very different due to the way Rebecca Hamilton portrayed the characters. I just couldn't get enough of Sophia and Charles, their initial dynamic was incredible and that just made the relationship so much more passionate! I mean Charles definitely is one of the most appealing and attractive male character I've read about in a while. I love the fact he is complex and has many layers to him. He's not just a pretty face or a great person, he can also be an annoying conceited prick and for some reason I find that far more appealing than a character who is annoyingly perfect or terribly flawed but like-able. Despite the fact that his identity holds more secrets than one he is probably one of the most "human" and "normal" characters I've read in a paranormal fantasy story.
I love the way Sophia is portrayed as well. She stands for what I think every female lead/main character should stand for. I hate when female characters are portrayed as weak, fragile little things that need the help of a man in other to face the world and its horrors. Sophia is nothing like that. Life has been rough on her and she has seen things that no should witness,her mother is really something and she has to live with the prejudice of a whole town due to her religion. If that doesn't make you strong then I don't know what else might. I guess what I mean to say is that Sophia is an amazing person because she can stand by her own and Charles isn't the air she needs to breathe, he is something she can't live without by choice.
Anyways, I don't want to give to much away. I really recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal fantasy fiction. You will be surprised in many different parts and you will enjoy the experience of joining Sophia in discovering and learning about this secret world that's hidden right under our noses. I can't wait for the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forever Girl.

Quotes Patricia Liked

Rebecca  Hamilton
“Be true in love, this you must do, unless your love is false to you. With these words, the Rede fulfill: An it harm none, do what ye will.”
Rebecca Hamilton, The Forever Girl

Rebecca  Hamilton
“You're not so interesting that I came to watch you sleep, darlin”
Rebecca Hamilton, The Forever Girl

06/03/2012
06/08/2012
24.0% "This book is getting very addictive!"
06/11/2012
41.0% "It's got me pretty hooked!"
show 5 hidden updates…