Ann's Reviews > These Is My Words

These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

May 26, 12

This book was a "chance" discovery as I was browsing the library looking for another book to read and what a gem !! It chronicles the journey of a young girl named Sarah Prine and her family as they travel from their home in Arizona towards Texas to start up ranching there. The journey is filled with such hardship that they decide to return to Arizona and put their roots down there for good.Sarah keeps a journal in the hopes that if she dies, she will have something written down for someone to discover and at least know "whose bones these is". The story is one of hardship, love, tenacity, and harsh and unforgiving frontier living in the late 1800's. It's a wonderful way of communicating the frontier spirit of American settlers who lived in the west when Indians roamed and posed a constant danger to the lives of the settlers. I felt myself wanting the author to keep up the story longer ... Sarah Prine is so spirited and refreshingly honest about the joys and tragedies she encounters and her husband, Jack Elliot is as spirited as her ... both are unforgettable and I give the book a full five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Is My Words.