Anjana's Reviews > Nerve

Nerve by Jeanne Ryan

Sep 16, 12

Read on September 16, 2012

Oh my God, Nerve was SO good!

Vee makes an impulsive decision to participate in a popular online game called Nerve that gives its participants real live dares to do, in order to progress to the next round(s) and win some tempting prizes along the way. The weird thing about this game is that, it knows the participants, way too intimately than it should.

Most times when you read a book, you watch it play like a movie in your head but some books actually feel like a movie from start to finish - the plot, characters, dialogues and pace -, just the way it's written. Nerve is one of them. I'll be surprised if Hollywood doesn't have its claws on this awesomeness soon.

Jeanne Ryan has set a perfect pace that stays steady through out the novel and has you hooked from the first page. I felt a range of emotions while reading Nerve (all good), from excitement and curiosity to nervousness on behalf of Vee. There's also the suspense element thrown in that keeps you on your toes just waiting for something bad to happen because , this game knows it's players a little too well making everything about it hard to trust.

If you're looking for a fresh, unique, exciting and thrilling read - this is it. Nerve is fast and impossible to put down!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nerve.

message 1: by Juhina (new)

Juhina I need this book so bad!