Wendy Hines's Reviews > An Unquenchable Thirst: Following Mother Teresa in Search of Love, Service, and an Authentic Life

An Unquenchable Thirst by Mary  Johnson

May 26, 12

Read from May 08 to 26, 2012

An Unquestionable Thirst is a long novel, over five hundred pages, but it is riveting and worth every page. Mary Johnson, the author of this magnificent book, saw Mother Teresa on the cover of Time magazine when she was a teen and decided then and there she was going to be a nun. This is her story spanning twenty years at the Missionary of Charity. It's very compelling and shocking. From the yearnings of a young girl to the horrific way the nuns are treated or treated themselves, An Unquenchable Thirst is a powerful story. I emphathized with the poverty and the level of devotion that they had to God, the struggles they went through and the rigorous discipline left me in awe. To work side by side by Mother Theresa and inside look at that journey is what compelled me to pick up this book but it now has a prominent place on my keeper shelf. One of the best books I have read this year!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Unquenchable Thirst.