Pam's Reviews > Lad: A Dog

Lad by Albert Payson Terhune

F 50x66
Sep 24, 2008

Read in October, 2008

I loved this book as a child and I love it now! It made me adore collies. I've owned cocker spaniels, English springer spaniels, brittney spaniels, red-bone coonhounds, and a variety of mutts, but no collies. My next dog will be a collie! It's fun to see how I react to this book almost the same way now as I did when I was ten. If you haven't read it, then you're missing out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lad.

06/05/2013 marked as: read

Susan (the other Susan) I think I've avoided owning a collie because it couldn't measure up to Lad!

message 2: by C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C. As a young wife I finally got my own "Lad".He was a beautiful sable collie, but I discovered that collies are one of worst breeds for nuisance barking! They are also aloof with strangers.

~☆~Autumn♥♥☽ C. wrote: "As a young wife I finally got my own "Lad".He was a beautiful sable collie, but I discovered that collies are one of worst breeds for nuisance barking! They are also aloof with strangers."

Yes, Shetland Sheepdog's are the same. I like a dog that doesn't love everyone it sees! We had a Springer Spaniel that would go off with anyone!