Elesha's Reviews > Darcy and Fitzwilliam: A Tale of a Gentleman and an Officer

Darcy and Fitzwilliam by Karen V. Wasylowski

May 26, 12

Read in May, 2012

Poor, to say the least, don't get me wrong, the closeness between the two main protagonists was endearing but it was clearly poorly thought out & researched, the tone and humour was all wrong, witty but the tale belonged in present day America not in 19th regency Britain and as for the women in this tale the were perverted and deformed beyond belief or recognition, this author clearly has forgotten that they are writing the stories and adventures of charactes that have existed and survived for almost 200 years, it comes from a source, P&P, I mean Elizabeth Bennett becomes her mother for goodness sake, and colonel Fitzwilliam character is basically a carbon copy of Wickham's yet he and Darcy remain friends and Darcy and his aunt are dismissive to these character flaws, and even find humour in it. No these blunders are too grave to ignore not to mention the incorrect use of *** to separate paragraphs.

I've read many P&P inspired literature, some I've loved, some have been so incongruous yet hilariously funny, some I've hated because they are just too raunchy but at least with them, they have remembered the tone and the time which it was set and who the characters are.

Don't read this if you've read/watched P&P at least once and are mildly aware of the story, you will be disgusted by the plain disregard to the original, I am not even the biggest Austen enthusiast but this sort of distortion I cannot condone
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darcy and Fitzwilliam.