SheLove2Read's Reviews > Undeniable

Undeniable by Gayle Eden

May 27, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from May 26 to 27, 2012

This is a hard review to write.

In regards to the actual storyline, this was a good read. Not great, but better than some I've read. I genuinely liked both the hero and heroine, flawed though they were. The tropes of rake and bluestocking were written in a way that wasn't the "norm" and I found myself rooting for these two to get their act together and give society the finger. The ending was tough to read emotionally, but I think given time they will have a happy relationship.

Unfortunately this book is hindered by absolutely ATROCIOUS editing, and I do not make that charge lightly. Misused words, misspelled words and punctuation thrown around like confetti. One sentence had a comma after every other word and even if the author had intended that to be so, an editor should have caught this and questioned why. I can only assume that this was either A)not edited at all or B)edited by the author or someone who can't spell - necked for "naked" being just one example. Even forcing myself to overlook the plethora of errors, this should never have gone to print. I feel kind of sorry for the author.

A- for storyline. F for editing.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undeniable.

05/26/2012 page 15
8.0% "Yes, I have found a grammatical error or two but the story has potential. I'm intrigued by the heroine who seems not to understand what love is and therefore eschews it, and the hero who was denied his rightful love. I'm giving this a chance."
05/27/2012 page 41
21.0% "The punctuation is atrocious but the actual story is entertaining. A fight in their wedding night and I'm smiling. :-)"
05/27/2012 page 61
31.0% "By all that is holy...."authors" - please invest your money in spell check and an editor."
05/27/2012 page 140
70.0% "Any other book with editing this atrocious would have hit the wall long ago. I'm finding if I can mentally weed out the errors, I'm enjoying the story. A real shame for this author that this was allowed to go to press."