Juju221's Reviews > Lethal Rider

Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

May 26, 12

Read on May 26, 2012

Can we have a big fangirly squeee? YES! SQUEEEEEEE! If you think I enjoyed this book then you would be absolutely correct, I did, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sitting in the sun reading it has been the highlight of me week, it even made me forget I had cramps and at one point I was so excited I had to put the book down and clap excitedly before continuing on reading. I know.... I am weird, but adorable right! *insert wink here* The worst bit is, I've had the book for over a week, it has been staring at me but I have been so busy I couldn't start to read it, so I had a plan, Saturday, me, the book, a sofa and some pepsi! The plan changed slighly to me, the book, the deck and diet pepsi, but is even better! I am rambling in the first paragraph.... stay with me!

OK the book, I have been looking forward to it all week and I was a little nervous, I always am when I look forward to a book, I have really enjoyed all the demonica and horsemen books so far and I do believe they keep getting better.

Thanatos, oh how I wanted to hug him throughout this book. That for me was one of the real joys when reading it, fully fleshed out characters, I could almost feel his pain, we were inside his head, we understood things from his perspective. Not only that but we sympathised with Regan too, like Thanatos we felt her anguish and her pain, we understood her point of view and when Regan and Thanatos clashed we sat and watched the fireworks, totally invested in the drama and wondering where it will all go. Or at least that is how I found it. Addictive and compelling. In places spell-binding in its intensity.

There are some great lines in the book too, one of my favourites is when Than is talking to himself and you get things like ' Bitter much, Than-boy?' Gem's like that kept me smiling throughout as the relationships twisted and developed and became desperate and sensual. All the usual gang are there and appear at various points in the novel, the back story of the horsemen is further developed and new twists and turns are introduced; some of which will just blow your mind. There is death, deception and deliverance!

But the stars of this show are Than and Regan and the baby.

Read it, it is well worth it. I am not certain I can wait for the next one, there is a short extract at the back of the book and I devoured it! Rogue Rider looks like it is going to be another white-knuckle ride!

To sum up, Lethal Rider is an addictive read which will have you hanging off every page. The best so far! A great read, add it to your summer TBR pile if you haven't all ready. A well deserved 5 frillies out of 5!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lethal Rider.

05/26/2012 page 383