Emily's Reviews > Gasparilla's Treasure

Gasparilla's Treasure by Scott Clements

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, sci-fi-fantasy, young-adult, children, general-fiction
Recommended to Emily by: First Reads/Giveaway
Recommended for: Tweens/Teens/Young Adults/Adults
Read on June 05, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

First Reads

I won a copy of GASPARILLA'S TREASURE in a giveaway.

Fantastic! I read this in one sitting. I enjoyed every single page, and every single character. Well, maybe I didn't like Eli and the goons so much, but who likes bullies?

I loved how fun this treasure hunt was, and how clean the content was. Clements has done an amazing job with his debut novel, and it's packed full of action and a little teen romance.

I believe my favorite character is Josh. Although, he's quite the lazy, video game crazed teenager, he provided a huge amount of comedic relief. I found myself giggling at his witty remarks, or laughing out loud when he was talking himself out of complicated situations.

Trip was precious, and I found myself hoping that my two boys might be like him one day. His close connection with his Pappy is heart warming. Like any teen, he disobeyed him mom--haha, but in the end it all worked out.

Sarah was a very lovable character. She was so sweet, loyal, and took on the roll of being the team cheerleader. You couldn't help but fall in love with her, too.

I really enjoyed reading this novel. I think it helped that I've been to St. Augustine, Florida. It is such a beautiful and picturesque location, and it was the perfect setting for a pirate treasure hunt. You could tell that Clements did his research when writing the novel.

I know of several people who would enjoy this book, and I plan on recommending it highly.

This little book was such a breath of fresh air...no profanity, no teen angst drama, no sexual content...just simple and pure fun.

Two Thumbs Up for GASPARILLA'S TREASURE. I'm hoping there will be more adventures in store for Trip and his friends.

Great debut novel!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gasparilla's Treasure.