Gina's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Jan 01, 13

bookshelves: 40-book-challenge-2012, books-i-did-not-like
Read from May 26 to July 04, 2012

This was a weird read for me... The story was somewhat intriguing, but the writing was not very good. I didn't feel as if u get enough answers as to why Christian is the way he is either. Overall I was glad I read it to see what all the hoopla was about. I intend to read the next one just not right away. I have others that I am really wanting to get to. I at times am annoyed with the writing but can over look it to find out how this all comes out in the end.

Not for young readers. Very explicit !

1 like · likeflag

05/26/2012
20.0% "Yep! I'm doing it. LOL have to see what all the hoopla is about!"
06/04/2012
20.0% "I know I am only a small % into this book but it is enough to let you know that this book is badly written. It seems as if a kid wrote it? .It's really just boring. People say it is a racey version of Twilight, NO, it is not! S. meyer can write! My advice: Dont waste ur time! I will not be making it to book 2 or 3 Blech... It really reminds me of bad fan-fiction!"
06/09/2012
30.0% "The writing most times seems like it is written by a 13 yr old until I get to the heated parts how many times should a writer make a character say Holy crap? Really?"
06/14/2012
39.0% "Still horrible writing and if I read the words holy crap! One more time I may throw my Kindle across the room (not really, but tempted). With that said I am interested to see where this story will end up? I hope the writing gets better in future books."
06/18/2012
43.0% "Story is really getting interesting as far as what is going to happen with this couple? Are they going to be together? But writing still very bad." 2 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cheryl Vaughn I didn't need care for this trilogy and frankly I just don't get it.

message 2: by Sindre (new) - added it

Sindre Ellingsen I do somewhat understand the hype about it, =) . When I started it, I liked it a lot... until the first sex scene, =) I thought that fitted well... but... then two pages later more sex... and then sex...sex...sex...sex... SO I don't think I'll finish it anytime soon!

AWESOME review of FAOG!, =)

message 3: by Alia (new) - rated it 1 star

Alia Gina, it doesn't get any better. I wouldn't rush to finish these books. I only finished them because I wanted to see what people were raving about.

Gina Alia wrote: "Gina, it doesn't get any better. I wouldn't rush to finish these books. I only finished them because I wanted to see what people were raving about."

Thanks! lol thats good advice. Yeah, I do not plan to read any more. It sucked for me. lol If the author wrote the word Holy one more time, I was ready to scream! It was Holy Sh*t, Holy Cow, Holy Crap! That is the only exclamation that Ana knew! hahaha