Lynai's Reviews > A Voice in the Wind

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

Nov 16, 09

bookshelves: own-a-copy, favorites
Read in November, 2009

I can't believe I've kept putting off reading such an amazing book. No wonder my friends have been so caught up with this trilogy.

This is Christian fiction. A story about a Jewish Christian slave, Hadassah, and her struggles to live amidst the affluence of the pagan Roman empire, including finding love in Marcus, a Roman citizen bent on his pursuit for wealth and pleasure.

I was deeply fascinated by the ancient Roman way of life, most especially the descriptions of gladiators and gladiator fights. And I can't help feeling like Hadassah. I can feel her her pain, her doubts and her fears as she struggles to make her God known to the people she have grown to love and care for.

This is a very powerful story of love, deep faith and steadfastness, of courage and of peace.

What will happen to Hadassah and Marcus? To Julia and Atretes? To Rome? To the Jews? Can't wait to read Book 2 and 3. I feel so bad not having copies of the sequels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Voice in the Wind.

Quotes Lynai Liked

Francine Rivers
“True beauty is rare, and seldom recognized by the one who possesses it.”
Francine Rivers, A Voice in the Wind

11/11/2009 page 5
0.96% "Haddassah hid amidst the ruins of Jerusalem."
11/12/2009 page 66
12.69% ""True beauty is rare, and seldom recognized by the one who possesses it.""

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Hey there - thanks for the great review! I am trying to find someone with Voice in the Wind on Nook that would do the "LendMe" option-I so badly want to read it! If you happen to have it on Nook, would you friend request me? I'm Ashley Glover at ash567@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

Lynai Oh, sorry, all my copies of the Mark of the Lion Trilogy are in paperback. I hope you get to read it soon! :)