Koorihime-sama's Reviews > Love Bites

Jun 01, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: hardcover, checked-out-from-library, re-read
Read from May 25 to 28, 2012

Checked out from the library.

3 out of 5

After Alexander’s parents finally leave, Raven and Alexander have to now deal with his best friend. Sebastian, Alexander’s best friend, arrives at the mansion and will be staying there for a long time, and Raven isn’t exactly thrilled at this new intrusion on their romance. However, she still grabs at the chance to learn new things about Alexander, but Sebastian falls for a mortal. Now Raven is wondering if that mortal will be the first to get bitten.

Oh, there may be spoilers in this review for this book and the other books, so beware. :)

I have to say when I first read this series, I loved it. However, now, I’m starting to get impatient with this series and thinking why did I pick this series back up. Also, when I first read this book, I liked it. Now though, I think it uses too many themes that have been repeated too many times.

This time you get to see only like one new character — Sebastian. The rest are characters that the author already mentioned. Yet again you learn about Alexander, not through himself, but the new character. That would be okay, if the author didn’t use that method so many times. First you learn about Alexander through Jagger, then Luna, his parents, and now Sebastian. Couldn’t the author let Alexander say it himself for once instead of letting other characters tell Raven? Seven books and so little information about Alexander — which is kind of pissing me off.

Characters, descriptions, and even the plot are all okay, but it’s starting to get boring and a little cliche. And instead of making their personalities shine, I’m starting to see them decline. Okay, we know she’s goth by now, we know she wants to be vampire, so why keep on repeating it? I’ve read the series since the beginning, so I don’t need those details. And like pretty much all the other books, it takes place only a couple of days after the previous one.

Anyways, we are also seeing the same old basic enemies with almost the same mission as the other books. That’s right, Luna and Jagger are back and they are scheming something. :| Yeah, okay, so what’s new?

The only thing I didn’t except was that Alexander starts saying (to Sebastien) about how he feels about changing Raven and why he hasn’t done it it. A couple more things that made this book a three star instead of a two star are… You get to see another side of Matt — seems more brazen and stands out there more. Also, more scenes with Onyx and Scarlet, so you get to see their personalities develop a little more.

Overall, I found the book a little bit too cliche and boring. :| However, I’m still hoping that the author will do something unexpected and pair her up with Trevor, or, leaving Raven mortal for a vampire Alexander, or even, finding a way to make Alexander mortal. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Bites.