Mary Garcia's Reviews > The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun

The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun

9120923
Jun 05, 12

Read from May 25 to June 05, 2012

Two years ago, I tried to read this very same book, but not even halfway through I stopped because of lack of interest.

Now I see that it's required reading for our Values Ed class in school so I decided to finish it in advance. The same problem went up again. The writing style just failed to captivate me and bring me "inside" the story and so I was eager to finish it just to get it done with.

But as I progressed, I got used to the blunt writing style and really got sucked into the story which, in itself, is really captivating. I presume this book would be even better if the writing style was improved, but because of the story that really blesses the reader, I'm sure you'll find it worth reading, too. There were in some cases I wished there were more descriptive sentences because I'd really want to feel the emotions that move me and the basic sentences felt fast-paced and run-on to me. Still, while reading the book, I found myself rethinking so many things and by the end, I actually wanted more.

I really recommend this to Christians looking to improve their faith and loyalty to the Lord. I promise it will not disappoint.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heavenly Man.