Melindeeloo's Reviews > Tangle of Need

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh

Tangle of Need is exactly what it needs to be for a series that is on it's 11th book.

Tangle of Need is so much more than the romance between Adria and Riaz, two strong but emotionally broken Changelings, even that romance and how they had to deal with the fact that Adria was not Riaz's actually mate worked for me. That 'more' includes a significant hunk of the book going to Sienna and Hawke, giving us a look into their mated life and showing them solidified as a pair - and showing Sienna working to develop herself into the alpha female that Hawke and the pack need - this was wonderful and kept me smiling, it was everything that their courtship wasn't in the previous book.

Additionally, there is a great deal going on in the Psy-Changling world with some new alliances and some significant plots that look to change the face of the Psy-Human-Changling world in dramtic ways. I also liked that Singh continues adding to her world with a new set of shifters, lone and maternal wolves, and A-Psys. And finally, taking advantage of all that Singh has been building over the course of the series, many of my favorites from her past starring pairs and supporting cast have parts to play here - I loved seeing Riley and Mercy, Judd, Indigo, Kaleb, Sascha, Faith, and the two Arrows, Aden and Valsic.

So Tangle of Need was a great installment which continues to set up for the big finish of Singh's main story arc and it was also a reward for those of us who have come to love the characters we've gotten to know over the course of the series. I am so impressed that over eleven books Singh has managed to grow the series into 'more' than it started out to be in Slave to Sensation and has avoided falling into the 'old formula trap' that might have turned Tangle of Need into a chore instead of a treat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangle of Need.

05/25/2012 page 112
26.0% "I was a bit disappointed in Hawke and Sienna's book, but the parts with them here are wonderful."
05/27/2012 page 112
27.0% "I am really enjoying this, there has been as much or more of Hawke and Sienna as there has been of Riaz and Adria, and I am really liking seeing the alpha and his psy mate so happy, settled and compatible - with all of the friction in their courtship I am surprised how well they 'click'. The other great thing about 'Tangle' is that there are a lot of good bits with the reoccuring cast and I love seeing more of them."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nefertiti So jealous...

Melindeeloo If it ends as well as it's begun, it will be worth the wait:)

Lulu Can't wait to read this! I'm glad you are enjoying this, melindeeloo. What I'm most concerned about is how Nalini resolves the mating bond issue with Riaz and Adria and if she does that in a satisfactory way. I want Adria to have that, after what she had to put up with for so long with Martin.

Melindeeloo They are both pretty much a mess to start out, I hope that it works out for them too.

Lulu melindeeloo, what did you think of the Riaz/Adria romance and resolution? You said it worked for you?

message 6: by Melindeeloo (last edited May 28, 2012 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melindeeloo Yes, I am was happy with the way that it worked out for Riaz and Adria in the end (view spoiler)

Lulu I guess my concern is that if a relationship without the mate bond is "just as good as" a relationship with the mate bond, then what's the point of having the mate bond to begin with? It's made so much of in all the other books so I don't know how I'm gonna feel about this at the end.

Melindeeloo I'll be interested in seeing what you think

Lulu I'm about 10% in and enjoying it very much so far!!