Sandra's Reviews > Barging in

Barging in by Josephine Myles

Aug 14, 12

bookshelves: m-m, contemporary-romance
Read from August 13 to 14, 2012

2.5 stars This is a really hard book to review. The first half was 1.5 to 2 stars and the second half was 3.5 to 4 stars, so I averaged it out.

Why I didn't like the first half? I didn't like (actually flat out disliked) the two main characters. Robin was just a complete ass, and despite Dan continually saying he wanted to conquer him or whatever, I wasn't buying it. I didn't feel a connection, and Dan acted like he knew Robin wanted him, but really, he was kind of a dick most of the time. So I was annoyed with Robin for being a dick, but then also annoyed with Dan for not leaving him alone.

The characters just assume or know too much that isn't implied to the reader. For example, Robin declaring that Dan is a slut (which I was pissed about, how rude!), and Dan agreeing with him! We had no inkling of this. Dan had been flirty and persistent but kind and friendly. Then all of a sudden all Dan thinks about half the time is how much of a slut he is and different slut-related things. He seemed like a different person than the one I thought I had met in the first chapter.

Anyway, they both calmed down after they got laid, and the book started improving for me. There were still a few things that annoyed me or just flat out pissed me off, both about Dan (view spoiler) and about Robin (view spoiler). But anyway, I ended up smiling at the end, and seeing as it has me day-dreaming about living on a boat (which is ridiculous on so many levels, least of which is that I'm scared of the ocean and hate the smell of seafood), it has to have something going for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barging in.

08/13/2012 page 20
5.0% "How am I only a few chapters in and I already strongly dislike both main characters?"
08/13/2012 page 74
20.0% "The guy tells you where the lube is but you just use spit anyway? Rude much?!"
08/13/2012 page 140
38.0% "OK, their not quite as douchey now that their getting laid."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee Nicole "Anyway, they both calmed down after they got laid"

HAHAHA, don't we all? :-)

Sandra Seriously! But it was like they had both had lobotomies, totally different people.