Anastasia's Reviews > Savannah's Ghost Tale

Jan 17, 13

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, ebook, romance, short-stories-under-25k
Read on May 25, 2012

Savannah's Ghost Tale is an interesting short read and perfect for a quiet rainy afternoon. Between Cameron's "I see dead people" secret and Vannah's paranormal interests, they are a weird, albeit perfect match.

Vannah's ghost-hunting profession is one that I've never come across before, and is definitely a refreshing change of pace from the stereotypical feminine occupations I usually see in romances. Her character is complex, as she struggles to keep a happy face while masking her pain and heartbreak. Her story touched me and I found myself hoping she found the happiness she deserved.

Initially, Cameron comes off as your typical nice-guy hero. While technically there's nothing wrong with that, it could have easily made him forgettable. However, later in the story -- when things get *ahem* interesting -- his actions, while still compassionate, make him anything but forgettable. Hooray for character progression!

Also, a side-character note: you can tell Vannah's sister cares about her a lot, not because she sets her up on a "1NS," but because she agrees to tag along with her on a haunted tour... As someone who vows never to step foot inside a haunted house, I consider this the ultimate show of sisterly love!

In the end this story was not at all what I expected, which I appreciated. I thought I was in for a lighthearted, quick read, but what I got instead was a story about emotional healing and lot more than a quickie one night stand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savannah's Ghost Tale.