Sophia 's Reviews > Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Kiss Me, I'm Irish by Bella Street

May 25, 12

bookshelves: time-travel-romance, pnr-uf
Read from May 25 to July 11, 2012

This was a sweet time travel romance that was between a guilt-ridden bitter man who has lost hope in his music career and a young woman from the past who is escaping a disappointing arranged marriage and punishment of being sent to a convent.

Emily Musgrave is sent two hundred years into the future where she is fortunately found by Tinker and Liam Jackson. They think she is lying or crazy, but they bring her with them. Liam and Tinker play folk and country music at local bars, but are struggling to get found as a group. Emily and Liam are attracted to each other, but he hides it behind confusing behavior. Sometimes he is kind and understanding and sometimes he is impatient, but Emily can't help her growing feelings for him. Liam wants to go it himself, but he is embittered by his circumstances so he is abrupt and moody. It is not until they decide to cash in a few of Emily's gold guineas to help pay for things. Now a suspicious coin dealer is hot on their trail and seems to have a malicious interest in Tinker.

The first half of the book is slow-paced and deals with Emily getting used to the 21st century. The second half of the book picks up the pace with the rocky relationship with Liam and Emily taking off and it also produces some excitement and surprise plot twists.

The characters are very likeable although there are a few occasions when Liam was cruel to Emily because he's hurting and uncertain. Liam is such a beautiful, deep man who is scarred by his past. I was really cheering for him to fulfill his dreams and get his happily ever after Emily is so spunky. She was willing to take risks and stand out against even her family to have some happiness in her past. That same spunk helps her adjust to her new circumstances and stand strong with Liam. I loved seeing them together even though I cringed during the beginning.

I do have to mention that I enjoyed Emily's proper Regency English lingo and cant. It was hilarious to get Liam and Tinker's reaction.

This was a very enjoyable tender time travel romance that I recommend to those who prefer their romances on the sweeter side and love a paranormal element in their story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me, I'm Irish.

07/06/2012 page 40