Marika's Reviews > Daylight Saving

Daylight Saving by Edward Hogan

5719841
May 25, 12

Read in May, 2012

Daniel and his father are spending their vacation at Leisure World, a sports-themed vacation complex. Daniel has no interest in sports or spending time with his depressed and often drunk father. While hanging out by the pond, Daniel sees a mysterious girl who swims beautifully. But each time he sees her, she seems to have accumulated more bruises and cuts-- and her watch ticks backwards. Daniel is drawn to her, and soon he finds mysterious cuts and bruises on his own body. Who is this strange girl? Where did she come from? And is she even alive?

Daniel is a complex character with realistically rendered emotions. Hogan deals with heavy issues including assault, murder, and bullying, so I do recommend ages 14+, but his treatment of these issues is through the eyes of of a teenager, allowing readers to come to terms with them as Daniel does.Gripping and terrifying, Daylight Saving is a thriller you won't want to miss-- or read alone at night.

Not the sort of thing I normally read, but once I started, I couldn't put it down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daylight Saving.