Winnie's Reviews > Redemption

Redemption by Veronique Launier

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read in June, 2012

First off, Striking Cover Art! And I appreciate the originality of this book. This book is unlike anything I have read before, it’s a paranormal romance and it isn’t about Vampires or Shifter as are in trend these days. In this debut book, the otherworldly creature is a gargoyle, a human who has a heart of stone… could he love? And even if its heart is penetrated, will he survive?

Aude, AKA "Odd" is a freak or so she believes, as it turns out… well she just needed to understand her family tree. Worst weird things are happening around her… series of ill-fated events. All Aude wants… is to be left alone, and all she cares about is her band “ Lucid Pill” but her priorities was rearranged and shaken when Aude was attacked twice in one week.

Redemption was written in two points of views (POV); it was narrative by the freak… er… Aude and the beast…er… gargoyle…er… Guillaume. I liked that the author wrote in two POV’s because it permitted readers the luxury of seeing what Guillaume’s previous life entailed as a stone and how he feels about being human again after ages of living as a stone. It also gave us the opportunity to see what shaped Aude into becoming who she is, her strength, her family secrets and this new turmoil.

Redemption is one of those narratives that preoccupy you with excellent, perplexing query. It’s a story of hope and magic and love and family. In the end, I wondered when book two would be released! Veronique Launier did a good job and I want to know where all these twist and thrills will be going.

A Big thanks, to Netgalley and Flux publishing for giving D&W Book Reviews an advance copy of
Redemption- (Heart of Stone # 1) By Veronique Launier.
Expected Publication, September 8th 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption.