Judy Desetti's Reviews > Forge

Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson

May 25, 12

Read in May, 2012

Once again I am disappointed not to find out what happened to little Ruth, sister of Isabel. In fact this story never learns one thing about Ruth. This story is told through the voice of Curzon as the two escape New York and end up in New Jersey fleeing for freedom. There we end up following Curzon as he enlists as a free man in the Continental army to fight for the Revolutionists. Isabel runs off to find her sister. They meet again when they are both imprisoned again as slaves and owned by Bellingham. The relationship between Curzon and Isabel is a tug of war between fighting and eventually ends up as caring and loving each other. I loved the story of how Curzon got his name and what it means. Eventually they manage another daring escape only to have the novel over and once again being left as a cliff hanger for a third novel. Will they even look for Ruth? Will they be captured again? What happens next?

Frankly despite that the books are good, I want to be able to read a story without needing three books to get the whole story. I am getting a bit worn down by the trilogy books.

RECOMMEND
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forge.