Cindy's Reviews > Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind

Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

Sep 29, 08

Recommended to Cindy by: Gail Brogdon
Recommended for: anyone who suffers with depression or mood disorders
Read in September, 2008

Joyce Meyer is a minister who writes and tours as a public speaker. She quotes a lot of scripture using many Bible versions who uses personal experiences to explain different points.

Meyer did have some great strategies for getting control of our minds. First and foremost she said that any depression, doubt and bad feelings were direct results of demons working on us. I had not heard anything that clear before. Another point that stuck with me is her using the Isrealites as an example for us to not take 40 years to overcome things in our own life - a journey that should have taken 11 days. Haven't we overcome this in our lives yet? Take control of our thoughts by being positive, humble, and repentant.

I found that I disagree with the author on a couple of doctrinal points in regard to Adam and Eve. She points out that Eve did not take personal responsibility for partaking of the fruit when Eve explained that the serpent beguiled her. For some reason this opinion really bothered me.

Overall, a very insightful book that can be used as a help to Christians everywhere.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Battlefield of the Mind.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Hi Cindy, I will check out this book, I agree with you on the Adam and Eve thing, this is one of my favorite area's of the Gospel to study and Eve took full responsibility.
It is always nice to learn for other peoples journey. So I will check it out.