Elb4966's Reviews > Blood Singers

Blood Singers by Tamara Rose Blodgett

U 50x66
May 25, 2012

it was ok

Well, the story becomes 3 stars 2/3 of the way in, but the rest is 1.5 stars. If you can hold out for that length of time, it becomes a decent read.

The story continues to jump all over the place, the character development needs work and the narration needs to be more precise; but I like the idea behind the plot. It could become a decent series. However, I hope the ending of the next books actually end the story that started in the book. This one did not. It felt like the author broke up a story and decided to call it a series, instead of linking smaller stories together to become a larger one.

******* (below is review before I finished book)

I have not finished the book (hence 2 stars instead on 1) but I might.

So far, it is a hard read. The scenes jump all over the place without any signs of continuity.

The characters are not well developed. The only hint at character development is the repetitive telling of Julia's love for her dead husband, which is not supporting the main story plot; and the only characters that are likeable are dead or not in the story any longer.

The plot has promise of being interesting. But as of now (about half way through), it is just a bunch of violence without purpose. Maybe it will get better the further I read. If I finish the book, I will update.

FYI: The book is free on amazon, so you can try it for yourself if you are trying to kill some time, without anything else to do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Singers.