Laura's Reviews > Try Me

Try Me by Diane Alberts

May 29, 12

Read from May 27 to 29, 2012

I’m not going to play innocent here—it was the cover! It lured me right in to this story with a grin on my face and a sparkle in my eye. Drool, drool! :) But Try Me by Diane Alberts proved to be much more than a hot cover.

On leave in Vegas, Jeremy ends up in the middle of the desert, beat up and alone when fate steps in. The last person he expected to pull over and help him was his first and only love, Erica. The woman who held his heart since childhood, but crushed him years before. Through the years and hurt though, Jeremy never stopped loving her. Could this be their second chance? But Erica has her defenses up, hiding painful secrets that continue to force her heart to push Jeremy away. Can these two finally overcome hurt feelings, pain, and insecurities to find love?

Jeremy stole my heart! No lie--the man is deliciously sexy and sweet! He’s a big, handsome, tattooed, tough Marine outside with an adorable tenderness underneath. It will never cease to amaze me how a short story can capture my heart and imagination with such force. Ms. Alberts had my heart swooning, melting and aching from the jump! Jeremy’s insecurities and belief that Erica deserved a prince rather than a Marine broke my heart at times. His sweetness simply stole the show for me.

”I remember everything you’ve ever told me, he said, his voice rough, each word nearly caressing her. I couldn’t forget if I tried.”

Plus the man was HOT! Did I say that already? ;)

”She wanted to lick, to taste, to chase the cool taste of fresh water over the heat of his skin.”

Same here, girl! I would drink that tall glass of water over and over again! :D

With cute banter, hot tension, and follow your heart perseverance, Jeremy and Erica will inspire readers to continue searching and fighting for love!

A quick, sexy, sweet read!

10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Try Me.

05/27/2012
45.0% "“he could make her forget how to breathe”" 12 comments

Bethany Thank you, Laura!!! I really like this cover a lot. I'm going to get this book now. Sounds pretty yummy!

Laura I so want to start it right NOW! She also wrote On One Condition right? The one we just read? I think so. Off to check. Have fun! A Marine. High school crushes! HELLO! I’m drooling already! Yummy indeed!
Have a good weekend! :)

♥Rachel♥ I totally want to read this. :)

Bethany I think I might read it once I'm done with Gabriel's Rapture. I'm really loving the cover. ;) Have a fun and safe weekend girls!

♥Rachel♥ Oh my goodness, the cover!! The description sounds amazing too. (I bought it!) I'm so tempted to read this next: Easy by Tammara Webber

Laura Hi Ladies! The cover does jump out a bit. Hehe…. ;) HOLY hotness! Then when I saw marine—yup—jumped right over and clicked the BUY button! Haha….I’m so easy! You know this though! :)
OH—Rachel, I want to read that one too! Please let me know how it goes.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jenn The cover is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

♥Rachel♥ Laura!! I love this review! Makes me want to read this all over again! ;)

Yes, I bought it for the cover too!! Judgement free zone here!! Heehee!

Jenn I would blow that picture up and paste it to my walls if I could. lol

Bethany Great reveiw, Laura. You always make me laugh!

Laura Haha…Thanks, Ladies! Oh, this is definitely going in my to re-read pile! *sigh*
Gotta love a Marine! :D
I might try Easy tonight. You guys loved it—yes?

♥Rachel♥ Oh my goodness, YES, Laura!! :)

Brandie I am starting this one asap. I have to now!!

And - YES...you have to read Easy!! SO SO SO GOOD!!

♥Rachel♥ Happy reading Brandie, Diane Alberts is my new fav author. Although, Tammara Webber is awesome too. Easy was amazing. Maybe my favorite book of the year so far.

Brandie Wow...new fav author! Now that really makes me want to start it asap!

Laura Have fun, Brandie! :) I am still day dreaming about Jeremy!
Lots of love for Easy! Nice! I will start it ASAP then! Oops! Every sentence had a “!”—too much caffeine at lunch! Haha…. :D

Heather Hi there,

I apologize if you've already reviewed this title on Amazon, but if you haven't, can you please go on there and post your review on there as well?

Thanks so much for all that you do!

~ Heather Riccio, Senior Publicist