Gala Ostlund's Reviews > Phenomenal Woman: Four Poems Celebrating Women

Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou

9519275
May 30, 12

Maya Angelou is a huge inspiration. She is a black women that grew up in times of oppression and prejudice yet still managed to become a hero. She wrote books, poems and short stories about her life and ideas. This collection of poems is my favorite because they encourage women to be all that they can be. "Phenomenal Women" reminds us that we are special. Most of her poems help inspire good self-esteem and a sense of self-worth. other ideas in these poems are: to embrace your culture, be proud of yourself, love your family, work hard and we will be rewarded, and to help inspire others. Maya Angelou has been a huge influence on my life. She has worked through so many hard times and still managed to get her doctorates degree, become a public speaker, a teacher, and a phenomenal woman.
I read these poems to myself and to my little sisters often, hoping we can learn from them and remember what is truly important in life. I know that these few poems have made me a stronger person with pride and confidence. Maya Angelou has bettered my life in so many ways and for that i am thankful. Please read this book. It can change your life.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Phenomenal Woman.