Big Girl Books's Reviews > Hostage to Pleasure

Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh

May 25, 12

bookshelves: caitlin, chocolate-chip-cookie, apple-pie, chocolate-strawberry, hot-chocolate, paranormal
Read in May, 2012

This is a review for Psy-Changeling #5, 6 and 7.

Continuation of my mini reviews of Nalini Singh’s epic Psy/Changeling series. Wee!!!

HOSTAGE TO PLEASURE
I’m of two minds about this one. I like Dorian, a lot. But I don’t really care about Ashaya. I like Keenan though. And I liked Amara. Probably more than I was supposed to. I found her interesting and kind of awesome. I really, really hope she gets her own book eventually though I would understand if that didn’t happen.

What mostly puts me off this book is that it doesn’t stand out at all. I don’t particularly remember any one thing. I definitely enjoyed it but it wasn’t a stand out of the series for me.

BRANDED BY FIRE
So, yeah, I didn’t care for either of the main characters in this one. The stand out scenes for me in this one were the ones featuring the supporting cast. I did enjoy that Mercy and Riley have a different physical journey then the rest of the main couples in the series. The sex is basically the first thing that happens in this book. It’s all the emotional, relationship stuff that these two have trouble with. Also, I did love the plot in this one. Very, very good. And I liked seeing the bird changelings. I hope we get more of them!

BLAZE OF MEMORY
I really, really liked Dev and Katya! And I’m kind of a sucker for the amnesia trope. Sometimes. It depends on how it is done. But it isn’t a turn off for me at all. I liked the plot and how Dark River came into play and how much we saw of them as I didn’t expect to see them at all really.

I loved how Dev and Katya found each other and the journey they took and how they had death hanging over them the whole time but still found time for smoothies. Smoothies are very important.

I thought…well, there was a bit of a cop-out about at the end, I thought and a lot of build up that came to nothing. That bugged me but I still liked it!

Reviewed at Big Girl Books on May 10th, 2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hostage to Pleasure.