John Egbert's Reviews > Forget You

Forget You by Jennifer Echols

May 25, 12

bookshelves: le-sigh, not-what-i-was-expecting, why-did-i-read-this
Read in May, 2012

I'm pretty sure I only read this book because I thought it had something to do with the Ceelo Green song. Sadly, but not unexpectedly, the two are unrelated.

I wasn't impressed with Jennifer Echols other book, Going Too Far, and if I'd bothered to check this was by the same author I doubt I would have read it. Or, at least tried, seeing as how I barely made it halfway through.

The characters instantly reminded me of Domino's pizza, and now I know why -- they both tasted suspiciously like cardboard. Although I have to say, you can at least choke down Domino's if you put a little ranch on it. Zoey was dull, not the sharpest tool in the shed either. Her father was even worse -- ugh, just ugh. Doug, Brad (or was it Brian?) and whoever else I might be missing were pretty much the same as Zoey, boring. I didn't connect with anyone, didn't root for anyone, and was ready for the book to be over after I'd reached the 30th page.

Really a shame, too, because from Going Too Far you can see that Echols has much potential. The protagonist in that, Meg, with all of her faults was about twenty times better than Zoey, and Meg was kind of an idiot. But at least she was an idiot with a personality. Zoey was just blah.

I'd be surprised if I remember this book an hour from now, and even more so if I remember it if someone brings it up to me within a few days. Ironically enough, I've already forgotten most of it now.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget You.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karina (new)

Karina Halle Wasn't Brian in the other Echols book? ;)

message 2: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert lol, don't ask me. I can't remember any of their names.