Helen's Reviews > Shadow of Deceit

Shadow of Deceit by Mal Olson

F_50x66
Jul 12, 12

Read from May 25 to June 01, 2012

This is a book about secrets, and the secrets are explosive--in more ways than one. There are embarrassing personal secrets, dangerous to acknowledge secrets, and secrets that have to be uncovered before someone else dies. SHADOW OF DECEIT is a masterful thrill ride from page one. Mal Olson has crafted a tightly woven suspense with vivid characters and even more vivid prose. I was hooked from the excerpt and just had to buy the book.

Shannon Riedel is a survivor. Her husband and child died in a car crash, and she has put her body and spirit back together. But her fragile balance is shaken when a gunman shows up in her office demanding something from her dead husband. Her balance is more shaken when FBI agent Tony Crazaniak takes charge of the investigation--and of her protection. She'd rather he took his all-too-tempting manliness some place else, but a sizzling attraction keeps these two stubborn, tenacious people together to find out who is after Shannon and why.

The twists and turns and non-stop action kept me guessing throughout. I couldn't put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Deceit.