Elisabeth's Reviews > Mine to Possess

F_50x66
May 29, 12

bookshelves: 2012, paranormal-romance, 2012-reread
Read from May 25 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

I'm giving this 4 stars because the worldbuilding continues to blow my mind and the plot keeps thickening. Nalini Singh manages to seamlessly introduce new information just as we need it. A case in point is this book - we haven't had a human in any of the 3 previous books and they (we?) almost seemed unnecessary. The heroine in MtP is human and as the romance plays out we also see where humans fit in to this Psy-Changeling world and what they offer to those relationships.

The romance would probably be a 3 star, because this is a lacklustre couple to me. As the Psy and Changelings were introduced in Slave to Sensation some automatically stood out - the Laurens, Hawke, Dorian, Kit, Mercy and Indigo while others just blended together - I would much rather read those stories than Clay's or Vaughn's who seemed to blend into one another, so while I didn't dislike Clay I was indifferent to him. Talin didn't particularly win me over either so I feel that I didn't have much invested in this couple. I liked the fact that they cared about one another as children and the fact that they introduced us to interesting human characters like Max Shannon and the children Jon and Noor but their romance was just a filler to me - a way to get more information on the world and set up Dorian's story because that's a character whose story begged to be told from the beginning.

Just a thought - while leopard, wolf, hyena and deer changelings felt okay to me I've pictured those smaller changelings (deer and hyena) to be smaller when in human form but how small am I supposed to imagine someone who is a rat changeling? And I don't even want to think about the snake changelings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine to Possess.