Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Thread of Fear

Thread of Fear by Laura Griffin

Oct 03, 08

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in October, 2008

OK. Did I like this book? Yes. Did I like it as much as her other two? No. I waffled between 3.5 and 4 stars and finally gave it the four for the mystery. What kept this one from being another 'home run' for me was the lack of fire between the two lead characters. I'm not sure if her agent and publisher were just a little too anxious to get her next book out or what, but this one just didn't have the extra 'oomph' for me. Will I still get her next one? You betcha. I just hope she keeps the romance/suspense mix where it was in her first two.

Fiona is an artist. But what began as a way to pay the bills while in college, working as a police artist, seems to have taken over her life. Every time she decides to quit, there's that one case that she can't turn her back on. The fact that she usually works with traumatized children and/or rape victims isn't helping her state of mind either. But THIS time, she really means to quit and return to being a 'serious' artist. Enter one hot, sexy, and determined small town police chief.

Jack has been working this case since before he became a cop. When his girlfriend was raped and tortured before escaping, it tore their relationship apart. Now he's back home as the police chief and when he thinks he's found a repeating pattern, he's determined to finally solve this one. So when the 'best' police artist refuses, he makes a personal trip to 'convince' her by asking as many times as necessary to get her to agree. It doens't hurt that she's beautiful. Too bad she swears she won't have a relationship with a cop...

As I said. I liked it, but I think I was expecting more because of the strength of her first two. I'll still be waiting for the release of "Whisper of Warning" which is about the sister of the heroine of this book and due for release in March 2009.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thread of Fear.