Abby's Reviews > Finally

Finally by Wendy Mass

May 31, 12

Read from May 25 to 30, 2012

Though in my 30s, I could relate to Rory, the main character, in not always fitting in with the cool kids. Especially her ability, good or bad, to fade into the background. It was also fun to read of her waiting to be 12 to be able to do certain things like, have a cell phone, and babysit. As a mother, I find myself telling my 4-year-old, "not till you're 12". This must be a pretty set age for certain freedoms, though I don't remember the age mattering so much when I was a child as the maturity level.

This book was a fun, quick read, with an interesting take on the whole idea of a sequel. It was a sequel to "11 Birthdays" in the sense it referred to events in that book, was in the same town, and even included some of the same characters. However, this book was set a year later and through the eyes of a different character, a cool way to continue a story while branching out to other characters. I did not think I would enjoy this book, having kinda liked "11 Birthdays", but this new (to me, at least) concept of what a sequel is has left me craving the 3rd in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finally.