Julie's Reviews > Weighted

Weighted by Ciara Knight

Aug 21, 12

bookshelves: apocalyptic, genetic-enhancements, kindle-reads, novella, paranormal, sci-fi, young-adult
Read from August 15 to 21, 2012

Wow, what a stunning beginning to another incredible series by Ciara Knight. Once again, Ciara does not disappoint. This prequel novellete is an introduction to the world of the Nuemarians. They are a race of people fighting for their lives against a vicious queen who fears their extraordinary abilities. The story is fast-paced and full of suspense. The writing is intelligent and fresh. Ciara's alterate reality is frightening and relatable. Her characters will stay with you long after you have finished this story.

This is not just a story for sci/fi or post-apacolyptic junkies. This is a story for anyone who loves a good story. It is about loyalty and friendship. It is about one young girl facing her fears and finding the strenght within herself to protect her people and another young girl rebelling against the savagery of her people and her own mother.

This is a story not to be missed. I can not wait for the next installment of The Nuemarian Chronicles!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Weighted.

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori Once again Ciara Knight has caught my attention with Weighted. I never thought I would like the scifi series but I love her books. Weighted caught me at the beginning all the way to the end, I can't wait for the next book. Thanks Julie for turning me on to Ciara and thank you Ciara for being such a great writer.

Rose Mary I just finished reading Weighted, It was so good. Another five stars for Ciara.