Sarah's Reviews > Dreamwalker

Dreamwalker by Andrea Heltsley

Jul 11, 12

bookshelves: r2r-complete, read-2012
Read on July 02, 2012

(I was given a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis.)
Noel is heartbroken when her boyfriend of 3 years unceremoniously dumps her, and goes off to pursue his dream of becoming a published author. Wallowing in misery, Noel spends several days watching sappy movies and crying, before she begins to dream of a handsome blond stranger. A blonde stranger who sets her heart ablaze with just a look.

This dream perks Noel up, but she wonders what’s going on when she later sees the stranger on the street, and picks up a coin from the pavement where she saw him. Her best friend warns her that the coin is a protection charm, but when Noel then bumps into the guy (Jared) on a night out, she can’t help herself and the two spend the night together.

Jared is gone when Noel wakes up the next morning, but her dreams aren’t, and they’re becoming more intrusive. When she dreams that she has murdered her best friend, she’s obviously upset, and does some research to try and find out what’s going on. In her next dream Jared warns her not to trust her best friend though, and because of this, Noel finds herself in a hotel room with a man she has never met before – Boone, who also seems to be turning her legs to Jelly.

What do Noel’s dreams mean though? Who can she really trust? And which man should she choose – the dreamy Jared, or bad-boy Boone?

This was a light read, with plenty of twists and turns in the tale, and flowed nicely. The main character Noel was a bit clueless at times, but I think we can forgive her for that what with all the passing out, visions, and two hot boys fighting over her!

The best part of this book for me was the boys! Jared was just dreamy, and Noel felt an intense and immediate attraction to him, while Boone was just a yummy bad-boy. The electricity between Boone and Noel really sparked, and I was totally loving Boone! How she is supposed to choose between them I don’t know! For me it would definitely be Boone though ♡

The ending left us on a bit of a cliff-hanger unfortunately, some parts of the story were tied up, but it was obvious that there would be a second book, and I am intrigued as to what will happen in the next instalment.
6.5 out of 10.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamwalker.