Heather Crum's Reviews > Love, Rosie

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

F_50x66
May 25, 12

Read in May, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I liked the book fine. I felt like it the book just kept going and going and going... About 60% of the way through the book you know what the ending is going to be except it doesn't end.

The book is about two friends (Rosie & Alex) who have been best friends since they were five. Their senior year of high school, Alex's dad gets a job in the U.S. and he moves. He plans to attend Harvard and Rosie plans to attend Boston University, except Rosie has a one night stand and gets pregnant. She stays in Ireland and raises her daughter and Alex marries his college sweetheart and stays in Boston.

It is a romance and the characters do get together, but not until they're fifty. The book starts when they're five. Rosie and Alex both marry other people. They both have children. They both divorce.

Pros:

I liked that the book is written entirely in letters, IM's, emails, etc.. It sort of makes you feel like you are seeing the private details of someone's life.

I liked that the characters are flawed. They are stubborn and childish (even into their forties). They make bad decisions.

The books feels like real life. In most romance novels, people leave their spouse and run away with their true love. This isn't like that. Rosie's husband cheats on her and she tries to work through it, even if she wants to punch him in the face. Alex and his second wife want to stay together for the sake of their child. Alex & Rosie know they love the other person, but timing is a big factor.

Cons:

I don't think it's a good thing that I wanted to book to hurry and be over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Rosie.