Elizabeth Lehto's Reviews > Fine Things

Fine Things by Danielle Steel

Jun 08, 12

bookshelves: girly-books, favorites, novels
Read from May 24 to June 06, 2012

Bernie Fine, our main character, finds himself being transferred from his beloved New York City to San Francisco. While he's less than thrilled about the move, his life changes for the better as he meets five-year-old Jane and her mother Liz. Bernie has found the love of his life in Liz, and they quickly marry. However, that would be way too easy for a Danielle Steel novel, and we find that shortly after the birth of their first child, Liz is faced with a losing battle to cancer. Now, Bernie finds himself alone with two children, and he must face the loss and learn how to move on.

This novel was really jam packed with ups and downs. Just as soon as something exciting was over, something new happened. It made for a quick read, since it was hard to put down. It did feel like I was being cheated out of story at some times, since it did move so fast and could have had some more details. Other than that, it was a really good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fine Things.

05/24/2012 page 138
32.0% "Favorite quote of the book so far: "'Will your wish make you big and fat?'" Someone's just asking for a slapping."