Diana's Reviews > Skin Deep

May 28, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: novella, romance-sweeeeet
Read from May 25 to 28, 2012

Far different from the previous books in the series. This is a super sugary small town single mom needs a babydaddy story -- the kind of Harlequin-y thing I left behind long ago. Instead of character development we get an info dump of the extreme tortures poor Meghan has suffered in her short life.

The heartwarming scenes with all the previous h/hs and their litters were cloying.

Very disappointed. I never would have expected this from Clare.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Deep.

Diana At the halfway point my teeth are aching from the sugar. This much sweetness is not what I'm looking for from Pamela Clare.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Litters. Ha!

This is actually exactly what I've come to expect from Clare. I just can't take all the babies and cutesy couples anymore.

Diana Hannah, you're right. In her full length books the sappiness is balanced with suspense and action and actual plot. This one is all sap.

Carrie Yeah, it getting a little too Virgin River for me these days. I think it was my goodreads friend Norma who said it felt like the I-Team guys had been vacationing in Virgin River. I laughed out loud at that. Too true. ;-)