Nadine's Reviews > Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov

Dec 18, 2013

it was ok
Read in May, 2012

When reading this book, if you replace the word "bitch" with "strong independent woman", it deserves a three star rating. Otherwise, it should get maybe a two and a half star.

There were parts where I felt the author tried too hard to seem sassy. This sometimes made the advice come across as juvenile. I would think that in adult relationships, honesty, communication and maturity should be more important than manipulation and playing games with each other.

I did agree with, and could even relate to the authors reasoning why relationships can go astray with nagging, financial dependency, and mother like behaviour. The book emphasizes on how it is important for a woman to hold her own, and respect herself in a relationship. I could see how handling arguments and mistreatment in a "classy bitchy" way, could show strength to a man. But I don't agree with mind games.

Overall I did enjoy the book and could see the error in my ways. I just did not agree with all the "bitchy" ways to handle them.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Love Bitches.