Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > The Goddess Legacy

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter

Dec 18, 14

bookshelves: bought-in-store, own, 2012, signed
Read on July 10, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This was a great addition to The Goddess Test series. Back-story on main characters is always a great thing, and this was no exception. We are in the viewpoints of Hera, Aphrodite, Hermes and Hades. It was refreshing to be able to understand the characters a lot more. To read how they think, and how they feel and what their actions mean, meant a lot to me. I felt that I could understand them better. Especially Henry’s viewpoint. He is such a quiet and mysterious character and to be able to experience what he’s feeling was interesting to say the least. What I didn’t enjoy was that Henry’s version felt rushed. It was way too short. I felt so sad for him. Persephone treats him so badly, and he cared for her so much. Why I don’t even know.

I found out a lot more about Hera this time around and I didn’t like her character at all. She felt whiny and selfish. The same with Aphrodite. Their excuses for their actions felt so selfish and if there’s one thing I dislike in characters, it’s selfishness. I understand Aphrodite is the Goddess of love, but it felt more like she was lust struck instead of love struck. I didn’t particularly enjoy how she treated Hermes. Yes, it seems like I’m hating on all the women characters in this one, but I just couldn’t side with any of them. I miss Kate though.

Aimee is a wonderful writer and I love her spin on the classic Gods and Goddesses. I hope to own all the books in this series. By the way, all the covers are gorgeous. Kudos to the publisher for keeping them all similar.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Legacy.