Tattered Cover Book Store's Reviews > Kill Your Friends

Kill Your Friends by John Niven

"Kill Your Friends" is a special breed of novel. Reading it, I felt like I was looking through a particularly wide peephole into a sordid world of drugs, sex, and booze populated by soulless characters who somehow live among us. Needless to say, I was hooked. Steven Stelfox is an A&R rep for a major British music label in 1997. His whole world revolves about doing anything --be it illegal, immoral, or just plain wrong -- to get a hit record. This novel is full of fun British slang that I find myself using (much to the confusion of my friends). For fans of Irvine Welsh, Bret Easton Ellis, or Chad Kultgen, this is a perfect book. At times shocking, this book kept a guilty smile on my face. There were many times I had to put the book down, I was laughing so hard. This book is not for the faint of heart, or those who want to believe that pop music and hit records come out of some happy bubblegumland. No, if you read this novel, the music we listen to comes from a fetid underworld of cocaine, illegal sex and murder. But it is a fun world to visit!

- Joe
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill Your Friends.