Maureen's Reviews > Fifty Shades Trilogy

Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James

May 24, 12

Though I really dislike Christian Grey's obsession with a young naive college student, Anastasia Steele, I found the trilogy to be addictive. Book 1 would have been enough for me actually. I had a difficult time with his "personal preferences" and his obsession with the "contract". I felt very sorry for Ms. Steele as she falls under his spell and brought into another world, Following the ending of Book 1, I was satisfied and would have stopped there were it not for the phenomenon surrounding this book. With much encouragement from female friends, I continued on to Books 2 and 3 and became obsessed. What is the draw? Some friends called it "mind crack", others a "true romance". In my opinion, however, it is mindless fantasy and reading without thinking that is the attraction to this book. We read simply for the pleasure of reading to find out what the characters are up to, where they are going, and how they will get there. Unexpected twists and turns do occur along the way. I especially liked the way the author brings her audience around to liking a character who initially had so many unredeemable traits (as well as a very full bank account). If you are looking for a challenging, thought provoking, mind bending read, these are not the books for you! This is fiction and fantasy in every sense of the word-it's more like Cinderella on steroids! Just sit back in a cozy chair and enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Trilogy.