edzkie♥§*.*§♥'s Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

“I got schooled this year
a
boy.

A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably in love with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On LIFE .”

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Prepare 3 box of tissue before reading this!!! but don't hesitate to read this book. Learn from me cause i put this book on hold for months but due to my curiosity why this book gather so much attentions despite the cancer part (i spoiled myself with others review) & why Ms. Hoover is so popular i grab this book and read it! and i had the most roller coaster read for my weekend! I got schooled again with a major in "LIFE".

I super ♥ the slammed! Both the slamming of the door & on stage!LOL. "schooled" was not my first fave slammed, it was the Pre-Proposal by Gavin. OMG! I'm hooked on that part & I'm craving for more. The supporting characters are amazing. Layken & Will love was worth all the read! This is a mature YA. It will teach you bout life, death, stages of grief, choices you have before you stick with a man, about finding true friends, the beauty of slammed, sacrifices for family & the undying love! Prepare to be "SLAMMED"!☺

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Quotes edzkie♥§*.*§♥ Liked

“I got schooled this year
a
boy

And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On life .”

Colleen Hoover
“Don't take life too seriously. Punch it in the face when it needs a good hit. Laugh at it.”

Colleen Hoover
“Choose your battles, but don't choose very many.”

Colleen Hoover
“Question everything. Your love, your religion, your passion. If you don't have questions, you'll never find answers.”

Colleen Hoover
“God Layken. How do you do it? she says. She blows her nose and grabs another tissue out of the box. How do I do what? I sniff as I continue to wipe the tears from my eyes. How do you not fall in love with him? The tears begin flowing just as quickly as they had ceased. I grab yet another tissue. I don't not fall in love with him. I don't not fall in love with him a lot!”

Colleen Hoover
“Sometimes life gets in your way.
it gets all up in your damn way.
But it doesn't get all up in your damn way
because it wants you to just give up and let it take control.
Life doesn't get all up in your damn way because it just wants you to hand it all over and be carried along.

Life wants you to fight it
Learn how to make it your own.
it wants you to grab and axe and hack through the wood.
It wants you to get a sledgehammer and break through concrete.
It wants you to grab a torch and burn through the metal and steel until you can reach through and grab it.

Life wants you to grab all the organized, the alphabetized, the chronological, the sequenced. It wants you to mix it all together,
stir it up,
blend it.”

Colleen Hoover
“There are three questions every woman should be able to answer yes to before they commit to a man. If you answer no to any of the three questions, run like hell."
[...]
"Does he treat you with respect at all times? That's the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes to all three, then you've found a good man.”

Colleen Hoover
“Always remember there is nothing worth sharing, like the love that let us share our name.”

Colleen Hoover
“Push your boundaries, that's what they're there for.”

Colleen Hoover
“For once in my life, I was here and nowhere else.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 12, 2012 09:00AM) (new)

I decided to make it my first YA book :)
Great review, B!

edzkie♥§*.*§♥ thanks! youll love it!:)

Taryn at My Secret Romance Great review! I haven't read this boom yet but I want to more now. Thanks!

Lisa Jayne I cried like a baby reading this!!

Becky Frosco Great review, this is one of my favorite books.