Sarah's Reviews > Contents May Have Shifted

Contents May Have Shifted by Pam Houston

F 50x66
May 24, 12

bookshelves: adult, travel, relationships, adventure
Read in May, 2012

Oh, Pam, how you've let me down. I've loved Pam Houston for years, after discovering her "Cowboys are My Weakness" story collection. Her newest "novel" is really anything but. It's a hodge-podge of travel/love/adventure vignettes, loosely tied together and blurry in their direction. Pam is a thrill seeker, traveling the globe with assorted misfits and spiritual soul searchers. Her bohemian charisma is attractive, and I admire her stamina dealing with difficult people, and stubborn men. Certain 'stories' recall horrific plane rides, resulting in jilted passengers and new outlooks on life. Others recall extreme weather conditions, beauty in foreign countries and the intricacies of mixed families. I tried to love this book. The writing is certainly Pam, but I worry her brain has lost some of its previous focus. I am envious of how much healing she's done while participating in luxurious spa treatments. Loosely recommended, but I still eagerly await her next release.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Contents May Have Shifted.