Julianne's Reviews > The Good Dream

The Good Dream by Donna VanLiere

5207056
May 24, 12

Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy

I just finished reading The Good Dream and it is an amazing book. I finished it in one day because I could not put it down. I absolutely love when a book just really transports you back in time, and you feel like you are actually there at that specific moment in time. This book took me back to 1950, to the life of Ivorie Walker, and the little boy who she finds stealing from her garden. Her friends and her family were just awesome, it was a beautiful story, i just absolutely loved it. Its the kind of story that makes you laugh one moment and cry the next. Very powerful. Oh, and a teeny tiny character, hot dot, was just one of my favorites. So funny! But really, i cant single her out because there were so many more who had bit parts and were equally funny. And sorry, i'm giving things away, but at the end, "its so hot my chikens are laying hard boiled eggs"? It made me laugh AND cry because it was such a poignant moment. I would recommend this book to absolutely everyone, it was just really one of the best i have ever read. Thanks, Donna, hope you are working on your next book! Excellent!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Dream.