Heather (hungrycookiemonster)'s Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

May 29, 12

bookshelves: favorites, adult, reviewed, normal
Read from May 26 to 27, 2012

Original review posted on: heathersworldofbooks

Since goodreads only allows and rating of 5 stars, I’m reduced to giving Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire 5/5 stars (seriously, it deserves 10 stars).

Disclaimer:

Have you ever wrote a review of a novel you loved so much it was hard to place into words the amazing-ness of what you just read? THAT is this review. Enjoy.

Beautiful Disaster review:

To escape the reputation that was unfairly placed on her in her home town, Abby Abernathy, along with her long-standing best friend America, have set out to attend Eastern University for their first year of college. There, Abby has a relatively strange first encounter with the infamous Travis “Mad dog” Maddox. Unfortunately, as much as Abby would rather stay away from Travis, as well as his outstanding reputation for being both a bad boy and ladies man, America has found herself completely smitten with no one other than Travis’ cousin, Shepley. Forced to either disconnect herself from America or make due with Travis’ existence, Abby agrees to keep peace with the notorious bad-boy on campus.

That is until Abby decides to make a beat with Travis that may just change everything…

In simple terms, Beautiful Disaster is one heck of a roller-coaster ride between two enjoyable characters who are complete opposites yet completely made for one another at the same time. If I could totally erase my mind and re-read this entire novel again, I would in a heart beat because that is how good it is. Ms. McGuire is a truly a very talented writer and her characters are just so relatable and honest, I doubt anyone could hate them. Both Travis and Abby have their flaws but despite any of it, they are so willing to fight to make their relationship last forever.

Recommend?:

Yes! Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire is a beautiful story about two people trying to make a relationship work when all odds are stacked against them. From the first page to the last, the reader is taken on an adventure that will promise to have you overjoyed, crying and even screaming incoherently as these to two characters figure out how to make their relationship work. It is a change, but one that is so worth it in the end.

**It has been rumored that Jamie McGuire will not be making Beautiful Disaster in a series but is, however, write the entire novel in Travis' POV.

Special thanks:

I have to credit my sister, Alli (http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/71...) for recommending this novel to me. If I could kiss her for introducing me to Beautiful Disaster, I would, despite the concern of a restraining order.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

05/27/2012 page 141
40.0% "Did this just become High School Musical?"