Bird's Reviews > Wicked in Your Arms

Wicked in Your Arms by Sophie Jordan

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, saucy, read-in-2012
Read from July 23 to 30, 2012

I wish Goodreads had a bomb rating in addition to the star ratings. Not because this book deserved a bomb, but because some of my one-star reads are so horrible that one star is too generous, while others (like this one) aren't enjoyable, but also aren't stomp-on-it-rip-it-into-tiny-pieces-then-burn-it bad.

That's my long-winded way of saying that while I didn't like this book, and it greatly annoyed me for much of the time I was reading it, it's not horrible. I just found the plot so boring (how many times in historical romance does the entire plot revolve around two people fighting their attraction? yawn), and the inner monologues beyond repetitive (we get it, she's a bastard child who men will only marry because of her big dowry, he has to marry someone who his dying Grandfather will approve of). If something had actually, you know, happened in the story, I might have liked it better and been able to overlook the constant repetition.

On top of that, Sevastian was a cad for most of the story, and his decent behavior at the end didn't make up for all of his previous ass-hat behavior.

I have one of the author's YA books, and I hope I enjoy that one more. I'll definitely be avoiding her historical romances in the future.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked in Your Arms.