Melissa's Reviews > What Happens in London

What Happens in London by Julia Quinn

May 24, 12

bookshelves: romantic-reads
Read on May 23, 2012

Having started with book 3 in the series (Ten Things I Love About You), I moved back to book 2 - Olivia and Harry's story (and they seemed like a sweet couple from what I read in book 3).

So, Sir Harry Valentine (love the name) is an ex-cavalry translator of Russian for the War Office and he leases the house next door to Olivia's faimly. To the south. Olivia - gossiping with her friends - is soon apprised that Sir Harry is rumoured to have killed his fiancee. She starts spying on him, which he notices immediately since she's not very good at it, and silliness ensues. (view spoiler)

What makes this such a readable novel (unlike book 3 where I was unreasonably terrified Annabel would end up marrying The Wrong Man and therefore couldn't stop reading) are the little scenes between Olivia and Harry. Like the one about tea and sugar. In the alcove at the ball. Reading Miss Butterworth from their windows. It's very cute.

(And then Sebastian does a dramatic reading from Miss Butterworth - cracked me up.)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happens in London.